A note from the photographer

(All photos on this website are copyrighted and belong to the photographer. Use without express written permission is prohibited.)


Check out my photography website at J. Commons Photography


Contact me to find out what I can do for you! Jennifer.commons@gmail.com


Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Practice Session

Yesterday, the girls helped me break in my new white paper backdrop.  It took me awhile to figure somethings out, but I learned a lot!  Here's a peak at our short, fun session!!

The biggest thing I learned for the day - my paper isn't big enough!  It was hard to get all three girls on the paper.  Good for a kid or two at a time, but not more than that. And a couple will be cutting it close. I also learned that I really do need those backdrop clamps, but in a pinch a binder clip will get the job done.

I learned Olivia is crazy, wait, I already knew that!  This is her "oooh" face with Chapowee.

I learned that my "kisses" heart is too light to translate well in a picture.  Looks like I will be redoing that one.

And now you all know that Olivia is crazy!


 Milly was unsure of the whole thing!

Sophie was unimpressed with my paper.


Emma is a natural born poser!

 And, I'm learning that in this blog my paper looks more grey than white.  In photoshop it is nice and bright - I guess next I need to learn what it looks like printed and adjust from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment