A note from the photographer

(All photos on this website are copyrighted and belong to the photographer. Use without express written permission is prohibited.)


Check out my photography website at J. Commons Photography


Contact me to find out what I can do for you! Jennifer.commons@gmail.com


Sunday, May 31, 2015

Grayson Highlands in the Spring

Memorial Day the hubby and I took a leisurely drive up to Grayson Highlands.  I visited Grayson Highlands in March in search of wild ponies.  No ponies and nothing was in bloom.  So, I went searching for the ponies again.  Spoiler alert: I still didn't see the ponies.  But, everything was green, lush, and beautiful.

Our drive took us around Watauga Lake and through Johnson County.  There's a huge Italian-style villa and vineyard, with a winery near by.
Not all of the park was open in March.  Deanna and I missed out on this beautiful spot with another overlook. 



 

I got down on the ground to take a picture of the flowers and found this little inch worm!  It's not the best photo, but I like him!

 I highly recommend the visitor center at Grayson Highlands.  They had several nice displays.  I loved this saw mill blade.




No comments:

Post a Comment