A note from the photographer

(All photos on this website are copyrighted and belong to the photographer. Use without express written permission is prohibited.)


Check out my photography website at J. Commons Photography


Contact me to find out what I can do for you! Jennifer.commons@gmail.com


Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Photo Walk

I let March and April slide by me with out doing photo walks :(  I hope to make up for it sometime this year, fingers crossed.  Saturday, I was driving home from visiting a friend when I realized it was the last day of May.  Oh no, I was about to let another month pass me by!  So, I drove past my house and headed for the Wilbur Dam and Watauga Dam.  I don't recall ever being up there, though Mike says he took me once a long time ago.  I passed some neat spots along the way and the photo walk turned into more of a photo drive, but I'm cool with that!  I didn't make it up to the Watauga Dam overlook because I wasn't quite up to the walk up the path, but next time!

Neat building on the side of the road.



I LOVE this old Texaco sign!  I couldn't wait to stop and take this photo.

One of the old gas pumps at the Texaco.



Visitor center at Watauga Dam.




Another angle of the visitor center.  I adored the 1950s vibe.




Wilbur Dam

I enjoyed seeing the people sitting out to fish just down from the dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment